WE'RE LOOKING FOR A
We are looking for a strategic, organized & motivated Retail Merchandiser to join our team. Our ideal team member thrives in working in a fast-paced environment & yearns for continuous improvement and growth.
You will get the right product, in the right place, time, quantity and price.
- Right Product: Styles, brands, colors, sizes, etc.
- Right Place: Which store, depending on budget and location
- Right Time: Having merchandise in stores at the right time in the season i.e. ready for Christmas or 'Back to School’
- Right Quantities: Enough for the stores to make their budgets but not have to markdown stock at the end of the season
- Right Price: Those that will attract customers in spite of competition yet generate a reasonable return on investment for the brand meeting with suppliers and managing the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates and completing the necessary paperwork
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Analyze sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs
- Assess the needs of individual stores and how they might differ based on factors such as store size and target demographics.
Plan product ranges and prepare sales and stock plans with management team
Meet with suppliers and manage the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates and completing the necessary paperwork
Work closely with design & product development team to plan product ranges
Visit manufacturers to appreciate production processes
Manage suppliers and oversee progress of monthly collections from start to finish
- Creating & scheduling of Purchase Orders
- Overseeing sampling and production progress
- Identify production and supply difficulties and deal with any problems or delays as they arise
Work with Raw Materials Associate to ensure availability of raw materials for upcoming Purchase Orders
Make sure that the sales floor shelves attract attention & the warehouse shelves are fully stocked
Monitors merchandise life cycles and determines need for more marketing features & markdowns
- Performance per collection
- Analyze every aspect of bestsellers (for example, the bestselling price points, colours or styles) and ensuring that they reach their full potential
- Monitor slow sellers and take action to increase marketing, reduce prices or set promotions as necessary
Plan pricing, merchandise budget and projection based on sales targets and overall budget
- Forecast profit and sales, and optimise the sales volume and profitability of designated product lines
- Plan budgets and present sales forecasts and figures for new range
Control stock levels based on forecasts for the season
Produce layout plans for stores, sometimes called ‘statements’
- Work closely with visual-display staff and department heads to decide how goods should be displayed to maximise sales
Maintain a comprehensive library of appropriate data and insights
- Maintain awareness of competitors' performance
- Analyze the previous month’s sales and report on the current season's lines
- Gather information on customers' reactions to products
Make financial & performance analysis presentations to senior managers
- Use specialist computer software, for example to handle sales statistics, produce sales projections and present spreadsheets and graphs
- You are an A player who thrives to do your best in everything that you do & won’t stop until you get the results
- You have integrity—you do what you say 100%, no excuses.
- You are punctual & respect your time & other people’s time.
- You are proactive. You don’t wait to do what you’re told. You come up with solutions every time you see something not working at its 100%.
- You are highly efficient, detail-oriented & organized with the ability to & work across multiple concurrent projects; willingness to get hands dirty & go beyond your dept.
- You detest busy work. You prioritize and say no to non-value adding tasks.
- You look for ways to optimize your time & effort by setting up tools & systems.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
Renegade Folk is an exciting and fast-paced startup that was launched in 2007 by three sisters eager to infuse the market with stylish, comfortable footwear. Through an engaging presence online and at seasonal bazaars, RF slowly but surely grew its loyal fan base. Now, they’re one of the most-followed Filipino fashion brands. With new styles released every month and collections updated every season, RF continues to innovate, inspire, and grow along with its audience.